Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Global Warming

Today in assembly, we got a speech on global warming and how that could affect us. I found this assembly quite interesting and the talker made a few jokes that kept my interest going. I learned that we humans make CO2 which causes the icebergs to reflect less solar radiation back into outer space. This is very important because the amount of CO2 in out atmosphere has doubles in the past years. This means that the ice caps are melting revealing more ice that will melt and contribute to the rising sea level. Knowing this made me more aware because we live on an island and when you think about it, rising sea levels means less island to live on. If this keeps happening, where would I live. Temperature levels also increase drastically in areas making dirt harden and crack. I have noticed that over the years, I felt that it was becoming more and more hotter. Hotter temperatures mean warmer sea waters which means stronger tsunamis and hurricanes. The list of concequences that happenes if this continuing problem grows is very long. I think that my previous post on the 2016 plan for Punahou really connected with the speech today because it tells us to be aware of what could happen to our children or even us in the future if we dont stop burning gasoline and other petrolium products that destroy our planet.

No comments: